Monday, August 30, 2010

Like a Seed

Like a seed, there is potential within each of us.  With the right conditions and maybe a little love, we each have the potential to not only be our best but maybe make the world a little or lot better for someone else.  Seeds become growth, beauty, energy, and food in varying amounts.  Some grow to be big, while some become something small.  One growth may be lonely, but many together can become whole forests of shade or fields of nurishment.

This blog is the natural up-start of something that has been beginning in me for some time, a seed of something unrealized, perhaps.  My "seed" may be unconventional or possibly difficult to conceive.  Whatever it is, I can't help but believe it will do me well.  Maybe it will change my life or that of someone else.

Ok.  So what does this mean?  I think it has a little to do with following the road less travelled, living prudently, giving thanks for my blessings, wanting to 'pay it forward,' respecting nature and living creatures, living my most healthy life, and very importantly: teaching my daughter about health, life, and respect through my words and actions.  It is about creating a culture in our home where we each feel valued, loved, and nurtured, and then turning out into the world and living those same principles.

But really, who can know exactly what is to come from a tiny, brown seed?  If my creative "vision" for this forum seems a little fuzzy- it is. That is the potential part.  And just as a seed's actualization is affected by its environment, so is mine.

Here you might find recipes of healthy foods (including healthy baby/toddler/child food), homemade/healthy products, My (our?) own experiences, struggles, triumphs, views/values/opinions, and news or information relevant to these tennets.

I welcome well-intended comments, opinions, ideas, and suggestions that may inspire healthy growth and nurishing fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment