Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Blondies

Wanting to make something with pumpkin and the white beans that cooked overnight in the crockpot, I found and modified a recipe that uses both.

This makes a large batch (~45) and could easily be halved.

I used a large blender to make the batter.  First, I pulsed oats to make the oat flour.  Then, I added everything else to make the batter.  Afterward, I spread the batter in lightly oiled glass pans and cooked for about 20 minutes on 350.  The result was a dense, chewy bar that reminded me of pumpkin pie.

Here are the ingredients:

1 cup oat flour

2 cups pumpkin puree

1 cup whole wheat flour

2 medium bananas

1 cup sugar (can use any kind you want)

4 cups white beans

1 tbsp vinegar

3 tbsp vanilla

1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon

2 tsp ginger

1 tsp salt

----Oh, and of course you could add in any number of things to suit your tastes- like chocolate chips, carob chips, white chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, seeds, etc.

To serve these, I might drizzle the top with melted white chocolate.

Cut into about 45 squares (2x2), each one has about 50 calories.

So, that means they are low cal, fat free, and (hello!) vegan.  Not to mention having vitamin A, potassium, fiber, and protein.

Yuummmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment